8-WEEK CO-ED LEAGUE
SEPTEMBER 26-NOVEMBER 14
Ever dream of playing in the World Cup?
We can help you with the next best thing. We offer coed 7-vs-7 soccer leagues for all abilities, from first timers to competitive players. Whether you are new to soccer and looking to learn, or have played for years, this is the league for you. The season includes a regular schedule with everyone making a single elimination playoff at the end. Either submit a complete team or sign up on your own and we’ll find a team for you.
Sign up at the front desk or online.
TEAM REGISTRATION: Captains will need to make a $100 deposit and pay in full by September 5, 2019 to secure their teams spot.
INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION: We will find a team for you to play on. No worries about having to find a team.
Location: Twin Lakes Park
6700 Clark Rd, Sarasota, FL 34241
KB Belton, Youth Development Coordinator
941-922-9622 x1313 | email@example.com
Rebecca Delagrange, Sports Coordinator
941-955-8194 x139 | firstname.lastname@example.org
YMCA 7v7 Adult Co-Ed Soccer Rules and Regulations
1. Number of Players: 7 Players; 6 field players and one goal keeper asset forth below.
a. Coed teams must have a minimum of 2 females, excluding the goalkeeper, on the field at all times.
2. Teams must have a minimum of five (5) players to begin, continue and conclude a match. The official will start the game clock as scheduled, but provide teams with fewer than five (5) or (6) players, a ten (10) minute grace period to produce the minimum required five (5) or (6) players before a forfeit is awarded to the opposing team, with the resulting score registered as a 3-0 result.
3. Ball: Home team (1st on schedule) provides. All Leagues Size 5
4. Substitutions: Unlimited “on the fly” with the referee’s permission. Must occur at the halfway line and must not interfere with play.
5. Rosters: Ten for adult leagues. A maximum of one (1) additional adult personnel, coach or otherwise, are allowed in the player’s bench. No coaching is allowed from the opposite touchline.
6. Equipment: Molded cleats, turf shoes and flats (including black-soled) are acceptable footwear. Metal stud’s on cleats are prohibited.
a. All players must wear shin guards.
b. Teams are required to have a permanent number team colored jersey.
7. Duration of Play: Type of Play Half Halftime Adult League 2x20 5 minutes for halftime
8. Kickoff: On the whistle, ball may be played in any direction on the first touch.
9. Five Second Restart Rule: A restart must occur within 5 seconds of placing the ball for a free kick, corner kick or goal kick. Goalkeepers must also release within 5 seconds after gaining possession and returning to their feet. Goalkeepers may use unlimited steps to bring the ball to the boundary of the penalty area.
10. Ball Out of Play: If the ball has wholly crossed the goal line or touch line whether on the ground or in the air, the restart is a corner kick, goal kick or throw-in
11. Slide Tackling: Slide tackling the ball by field players is not permitted. If penalized by the Referee, an indirect free kick will be awarded to the opposing team and a caution (yellow Card) will be shown to the offender who must sit out a 2-minute time penalty.
12. Injuries: Any player who is bleeding must leave the field. Time will not be stopped for injuries.
13. Goalkeeper: a. The goalkeeper may NOT handle the ball if intentionally passed to from the feet of their own teammate. b. The goalkeeper is not limited in steps in his penalty area.
14. Direct and Indirect Free Kicks: Opposing players must give TEN FEET on all kicks and corner kicks or may be cautioned (Re-kick). Kickers may not play these kicks a second time until the ball is touched by another player.
15. Goal Kicks: The ball can be kicked over the halfway line in the air.
16. Misconduct Rules:
No arguing or Dissent towards Referee, this is a caution-able offense
A. YELLOW: A warning caution, Player is required to sit out 2 minutes and team will play short one player for 2 minutes or earlier if a goal is scored against offending team’s player. To re-enter game, player must be at center line and get Referees permission
B. Captains maybe issued a YELLOW (Caution) for his/her team if playing aggressively
C. Red: Ejection without replacement for the duration of match. The offender must leave the playing area (which includes the player’s bench) and sit out the team’s next match. Coaches can be issued cards and their team will play short one player for the required time. Notes: The Sarasota YMCA has a “Zero Tolerance Policy” towards fighting. Any player engaged in fighting will be suspended for the remainder of the season. A second incident of fighting from any player on a team, in which a player has been previously suspended, will result in the ejection of the team from the current session, without refund and may warrant exclusion from future sessions.
17. Tournament Tie Breakers:
1. Head to Head (or record among tied teams where applicable)
2. Least goals against
3. Most goals scored
4. Goal differential
5. Number of forfeits
18. Point System: Win=3 Tie=1 Loss=0
19. FIFA PK’s: The kicker is not limited to a one step approach.