When you join the Sarasota YMCA you belong to more than a place to work out. You're joining a cause-driven organization committed to meeting the needs of our community. The Y achieves this mission though programs and services that educate and protect our children and support adults and families to stay healthy and become more connected.
Guests of the Sarasota YMCA need to produce a photo ID for security purposes.
- Modern facilities
- A safe and supporting environment for children
- Access to all four facilities
- 2 free hours of Child Watch (ages 6 weeks-9 years old)
- Free adult and family activities
- State of the art equipment
- Free access to the Water Park and pools
- Over 100 Group Exercise classes
- Reduced rates on fee-for-service programs
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff
- An opportunity to build a better community
- A place to meet and make new friends
Plans and Rates
Memberships are month-to-month with no contracts to sign with a $50 Joiner's Fee. Family Membership includes people residing in the same household as follows: spouse or life partner; children up to age 24. College students of all ages are eligible for our Young Adult rate.
HOW TO JOIN
To join the Sarasota YMCA, please visit any of our fitness branches. We will discuss your goals and exercise preferences, show you around the facility and connect you with classes and instructors to get you started on your way.
Membership for All is practical assistance for...
Youth, adults and families to become active members of the Y at a rate that fits their budgets.
Families or adults who are temporarily unemployed, overwhelmed by medical bills or are experiencing other temporary financial difficulties.
- The Sarasota YMCA seeks to give financial assistance for anyone who desires to participate, regardless of their ability to pay established membership or program fees. Those not able to pay the full fee may receive financial assistance based on their ability to pay.
- Financial assistance is available for memberships, most programs and child care services. Please note that assistance for child care and programs are based on available funding and limitations may apply. Assistance is based on U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Poverty Guidelines.
- Our Membership for All scholarship program is funded through Annual Campaign donations.
- Financial assistance is provided for a specific time period. When that time is up, if help is still needed, you may reapply. There are two methods of payment. You may pay in full, or via monthly Electronic Funds Transfer from checking or credit card account.
Refer a friend to the Sarasota YMCA and you both will save 20% off regular monthly membership rates once your friend becomes a member for 30 days. A referral email will be sent to your friend upon submission of this completed form if email is provided. Otherwise, a YMCA staff member will call your friend. Please let your friend know you have referred them in advance. If your friend cancels, you will have 30 days to find a new referral before rates return to their regular price.
The Sarasota YMCA works with several insurance carriers, including Silver&Fit, SilverSneakers and Healthy Contributions (Hardee only), to provide you membership to the Y. Individual plans may vary; please check with your insurance company to see if your plan covers a Y membership. Stop by the membership desk with your insurance card and membership services will set up your account.
The Sarasota YMCA is a participating member of the Y-Away program. To receive Y-Away rates you will need your YMCA membership card from the Y you are visiting from and a valid Photo ID.
MILITARY OUTREACH INITIATIVE
Free Memberships are available to families of deployed members of the military through the Military Outreach Initiative, launched by Y-USA, the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense.